Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Casino Del Sol Resort
5655 W. Valencia Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85757
Wednesday – Friday
April 26 – 28, 2017
Pascua Yaqui Wellness Center
5305 West Calle Torim
Tucson, AZ 85757
Folklórico Workshop Coordinator
Students will be placed in the following levels as determined by instructors on Wednesday morning at the first session which is a warm-up. At this time students will receive the Conference wrist band based on level assignment. Super Masters level will leave for their workshop after the warm-up
- LEVEL I (BEGINNERS)
- LEVEL II (INTERMEDIATE)
- LEVEL III (ADVANCED/MASTERS)
- LEVEL IV SUPER MASTERS level is designed for participants who have experience in dance, directing and choreography. Minimum age is 16. NO EXCEPTIONS. Emphasis will be on dance.
Please Note: The Master Instructor will ask a student to STEP DOWN to the appropriate level, if a student registers for masters and does not meet the requirements. Refunds will be made after the conference.
Required Apparel / Trajes
- Folklórico students bring Vestuario if you are participating in Student Showcase.
- Masters bring Vestuario de Veracruz y Huasteco
- Wear appropriate and comfortable attire.
- Tennis shoes are required. (NO dance shoes or sandals) Dance shoes for performances only.
Registration fee Includes:
- Instruction by masters of folklórico music with focus on state of Veracruz
- Workbook for workshop activities
- Workshop ID bracelet (must be worn at all times)
- Admittance to Student reception dinner
- Admittance to Student Showcase Concert and Fiesta De Garibaldi
- Music CD
- Espectacular admittance will be offered
Workshops are not meant to be private lessons. One-on-one instruction is not available. The Education Committee reserves the right to reassign participants at the recommendation of an instructor during the initial session.
The Showcase is a concert where the participants showcase their talent. Workshop participants will be admitted to the Showcase with their wristbands. If your group would like to perform, please indicate on the registration form.
- Only 14 groups (Mariachi & Folklórico combined) will have the opportunity to perform. Performance assignments will be made when registration and payment is received.
- Performance time must not exceed 9 minutes. Groups must consist of six (6) or more individuals.
- If you are using recorded music (CD or cassette tape) please submit two copies to the conference office by the deadline. Music should be professionally recorded to ensure quality sound.
Fiesta Garibaldi (AVA Amphitheater)
The Fiesta Garibaldi is a re-creation of the Garibaldi Plaza in Mexico City featuring food and game booths, mariachis and baile folklórico dancers. If your group would like to perform at the Fiesta Garibaldi, indicate on registration form. Performing groups report to Green Room half an hour before stage call.
• Performance assignments will be made when registration and fee are received.
• 25 groups (Mariachi & Folklórico combined) will be selected to perform.
• Groups may be scheduled to perform at either an indoor or outdoor stage.
• Each group will perform for 30 minutes
• Groups must consist of six (6) or more individuals.
Only registered students will appear on stage. Assignments for Fiesta Garibaldi are on a first-come basis when fee is received by earliest postmark.
Must be worn to gain entrance to any LFTIMC events. I.D. bracelets are non-transferable and non-replaceable. Replacement bracelets will be charged the full amount. If bracelet is altered in any way, for any reason, this will result in your immediate expulsion from all conference events. Workshop participants will be admitted to Fiesta Garibaldi with their wristbands.
El Mariachi Canta Singing Competition
The TIMC Board of Directors would like to make you aware of this event change.
The historic Wednesday Night Participants Dinner is being crafted to a new program format. Dinner will not be provided, but the event will include many of the traditional elements with an exciting NEW ‘ VOCAL’ competition featuring Mariachi Sol de Mexico. And of course, there is no cost to registered participants, and additional tickets will be available for $10 purchase during registration and for sale at the event.
Two categories: 12 & Under and 13-19 ; Two prizes will be awarded per category (1st being singing at Garibaldi event and 2019 TIMC Scholarship and 2nd being 2019 TIMC scholarship) ; more prizes forthcoming
– Contestant must submit two videos in the following categories of song style: ranchera, son, bolero, and huapango (traditional mariachi song forms)
– Songs must be under 4:00 of duration
– No popurris and medleys allowed for submission
– Music accompaniment must be live mariachi performance or pre-recorded mariachi accompaniment (pista)
Participant Pick-Up, Drop-Off
Folklórico participants will pick up registration material and attend orientation at the Casino Del Sol Resort. After orientation, Folklórico Workshops will be held at the Pascua Yaqui Wellness Center. Shuttle will be available to transport students from Casino del Sol to the Wellness and back to the casino. Please make arrangements to be picked up from the casino at the end of the day. Make your own transportation arrangements for other conference activities.
Workshop Music Books
Workshop participants will receive ONLY ONE workbook. A $30 fee will be charged to replace a lost or stolen workbook. Replacements are subject to quantity on hand.
Aggressive behavior or physical confrontation will result in dismissal from the conference without a refund. Alcohol or use of uncontrolled and illegal substances during the conference is also grounds for dismissal.
Download the 2018 Folklorico Schedule