El Mariachi Canta Vocal Competition
The historic Wednesday Night Participants Dinner is being crafted to a new program format. Dinner will not be provided, but the event will include many of the traditional elements with an exciting NEW ‘ VOCAL’ competition featuring a performance by Mariachi Sol de Mexico de Jose Hernandez. There is no cost to registered participants and additional tickets will be available for $10 purchase prior to the event (online), during registration and at the event. Audience participation will be a factor in the final round, so bring your family and friends!!
- Two categories for entry: 12 & Under, ages 13-19
- Those submitting for the vocal contest MUST BE paid registrants of the 2018 Tucson International Mariachi ConferencePRIOR to submission.
- Contestants must submit two songs from the following categories:
- Videos, uploaded and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Record video (using phone or camera); Upload to YOUR personal YouTube channel; Make the video as ‘Unlisted – anyone with link can view’ so that it’s not public; Copy link and email to email@example.com.
- Limit of 4 minutes per song.
- Popurri’s excluded from submission.
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: March 23, 2018 at midnight. Finalists to be announced on the website April 1, 2018, allowing Mariachi (judges) a week to select competitors.
- Distinguished judges to select 5 from each category to compete in the Wednesday night competition.
- Live Mariachi will accompany all singers.
- Audience participation will be a factor in the final judging.
- Winners will be announced the day of the event.
- 2019 TIMC Scholarships
- 1st Place (Both Categories): $250 Gift Certificate to Mariachi Clothing Company
- 2nd Place (Both Categories): $100 Gift Certificate to Mariachi Clothing Company
- More Prizes to be announced!