El Mariachi Canta Vocal Competition
The historic Wednesday Night Participants Dinner is being crafted to a new program format. Dinner will not be provided, but the event will include many of the traditional elements with an exciting NEW ‘ VOCAL’ competition featuring a performance by professional headliners of the conference!. There is no cost to registered participants and additional tickets will be available for $10 purchase prior to the event (online), during registration and at the event. Audience participation will be a factor in the final round, so bring your family and friends!!
- Two categories for entry: Grades 3-8 and Grades 9-12
- Those submitting for the vocal contest MUST BE paid registrants of the 2019 Tucson International Mariachi Conference PRIOR to submission.
- Contestants must submit two standard mariachi songs from the following categories:
- Videos, uploaded and sent to: email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Record video (using phone or camera); Upload to YOUR personal YouTube channel; Make the video as ‘Unlisted – anyone with link can view’ so that it’s not public; Copy link and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Limit of 4 minutes per song.
- NO KEY CHANGES after submission. Contestants must sing in the same key as submitted entry.
- Popurri’s excluded from submission.
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: March 27, 2019 at midnight. Finalists to be announced on the website April 1, 2019, allowing Mariachi (judges) a week to select competitors.
- Distinguished judges to select 5 from each category to compete in the Wednesday night competition.
- Live Mariachi will accompany all singers.
- Audience participation will be a factor in the final judging.
- Winners will be announced the day of the event.
- 2020 TIMC Scholarships
- 1st Place (Both Categories): $250 Gift Certificate to Mariachi Clothing Company
- 2nd Place (Both Categories): $100 Gift Certificate to Mariachi Clothing Company
- More Prizes to be announced!